none
SQL Server Features

Question

• I cannot get all the features of SQL Server.In the feature selection There are only three features..........What is the problem ?

Saturday, October 05, 2013 4:22 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Some features are supported by specific editions of SQL Server. Use the following article to know what features are supported by the edition of SQL Server you are trying to install:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993.aspx

Change the version of SQL Server on the top of the article, if needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Sunday, October 06, 2013 3:55 AM
  • Also, please make sure you are isntalling from a full administrator account; i.e., a member of "domain admins" would be sufficiently-privileged to use. If you are inadvertently attempting the install from a less-privileged account, then you might not see all options.

From a Windows command shell, you can do:

whoami

And it will tell you who you are logged in as.

More likely, it is the case like "Alberto Morillo" mentioned already - likely you might inadvertently be installing a acopy of SQL Express (the "light" version), while you may be thinking that you are installing a "full-blown" SQL.

Please remember to Mark as Answer, if I was able to resolve your issue. Thank you.

tnjman

Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:07 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Some features are supported by specific editions of SQL Server. Use the following article to know what features are supported by the edition of SQL Server you are trying to install:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993.aspx

Change the version of SQL Server on the top of the article, if needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Sunday, October 06, 2013 3:55 AM
  • Also, please make sure you are isntalling from a full administrator account; i.e., a member of "domain admins" would be sufficiently-privileged to use. If you are inadvertently attempting the install from a less-privileged account, then you might not see all options.

From a Windows command shell, you can do:

whoami

And it will tell you who you are logged in as.

More likely, it is the case like "Alberto Morillo" mentioned already - likely you might inadvertently be installing a acopy of SQL Express (the "light" version), while you may be thinking that you are installing a "full-blown" SQL.

Please remember to Mark as Answer, if I was able to resolve your issue. Thank you.

tnjman

Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:07 AM