none
Printing

Question

• Hi,

Does anyone have a fix for printing in Windows 8.1 while the printer is offline.

This is possibly in windows 7 where one can print to an offline printer, the print job gets stored in the spooler, once the printer is online the print job gets sent automatically to the printer.

Regards

Andrew

Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• You may try click on print and then select the printer (which is offline) and it will place in queue and once you turn on your printer it will print or when you want to print select print to XPS and it will save the print as XPS file and you could open and print it later on.
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:25 PM
  • Thanks Cyber_Defend_Team for your response,

But i don't think you got my question, the aftermath of what you have said is an error "Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer set up"

That's what i would like help with. This works on a windows 7 machine but not a windows 8 any ideas

Thanks

Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:33 PM
  • I have been able to resolve it.

It was a driver issue.

Friday, July 11, 2014 8:02 AM
  • I have been able to resolve it.

It was a driver issue.

Glad you get the issue resolved after checking the driver issue.

Generally, this issue can be caused by incompatible driver, to update driver applied to Windows 8 or install the older version in Windows 8 compatible mode will solve your issue.

Thanks for your sharing and efforts put on this issue.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 11, 2014 9:33 AM