none
Prevent user from closing the applications

Question

• Hello,

we would like to deploy to our users web application using Internet Explorer which is published over RemoteApps. Because this application takes long time to load we would like to prevent user from closing application. So we would like that session and application stays opened when the user clicks on close button on Internet Explorer that is published over RemoteApps.

In other words, we would like to disconnect client from RemoteApp session, but stay logged in and keep the application running in the background.

Is this possible to do?

Thank you!

Best wishes,
    Marko

Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Marko,

Since Remote App user will have full permission on Sessions, I don't think its possible via any native windows Options

Sunday, June 15, 2014 2:21 AM
  • Hi Marko,

Thank you for your posting in Windows Server Forum.

Sorry to disappoint you, but as per my research agree with “Guna” comment. There is no such way to achieve the goal which you are trying. Because when the user will sign out from their RD Web access page then at that time, opened RemoteApp is also closed.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards.

Dharmesh Solanki

Monday, June 16, 2014 2:27 AM
  • Hello,

thank you all for your answer. I guess this is not a good news. Any other idea how to solve this problem - to start Internet Explorer web application as soon as possible.

Last week I have found a VB script on one forum that would close the RemoteApp Windows without closing the appliaction on server but I can't find it today. Does anybody know something about this script?

Thank you!

Best wishes,
    Marko

Monday, June 16, 2014 8:53 AM
  • Hi Marko,

Hope this will help :)

Publish IE with argument as the website which needs to be accessed

Right click on the App and create an EXE.

Install the EXE on the end user PC..

Now user dose not need to login to Remote web app just click on application installed

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:29 AM
  • Hello,

Is this possible in Windows Server 2012?

Also, we will have multiple users running applications on the same client computer at the same time (different AD users) - is this possible? I was testing and it looks like that all the RemoteApp that run on the same client computer run under the same user.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
    Marko

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:35 AM
  • HI MArko,

2012 is possible but not the problem is many user connecting on one desktop.

Try making the Desktop as workgroup, then its should be okay

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:58 AM
  • Hello,

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by "making the desktop as workgroup"?

Thank you!

Best wishes,
    Marko

Sunday, June 22, 2014 10:04 PM
  • Another question about this issue. Would this be possible using Xenapp?

Thank you!

Best wishes,
    Marko

Monday, July 14, 2014 1:19 PM