none
Subscription Active - Out of Sync Error

Question

• I understand this is a preview but to be a preview shouldn't the application at least allow customers some basic functionality? I mean if you follow the poor documentation to the T everything works until the LAST step where you add a user/subscription. You get out of sync errors each time. I've put the time and effort into build this 4 times. Each time taking probably 2-3 hours each time with the same result each time.

Any help!?! Are there logs I can review. Why when creating a subscription generate an ACTIVE (OUT OF SYNC) subscription!?!

Monday, July 08, 2013 4:43 AM

Answers

• This issue was not related to VM's or SPF as only a base install with the Web Sites role. However we did find a bug, replicated on our end as we rebuilt it another 3 times and Microsoft is looking into it but so far cannot reproduce. Basically the fixed to this is forcing a reboot of all 8 machines you build, one of them needs a reboot that isn't during install. Once rebooted you can select activate subscription or resync (only one option, I forget which one) and it will work.
    • Marked as answer by ryan.kekos Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:38 AM

All replies

• Monday, July 08, 2013 5:06 AM
  • Let me help here as I had the same issue and with the help of MS we could resolve it.

Here are the requirements which you should check and these should fix your issue:

• Make sure that SPF IIS pools are running with an account which has both VMM admin rights and proper rights to the SPF DB on SQL (my problem was the later, the installer doesn't set the rights, it just adds the domain user) - pls don't forget to restart the pools if you change the user there
    • There must be a local user created on the SPF machine, which should be added to all four SPF local groups and this user should be used to register SPF into WAP
    • If you need to re-register SPF in WAP then the only option currently which works for me is to delete the VMM registration and then go into SQL and delete the systemcenter line from the mp.ResourceProviders table in the Microsoft.MgmtSvc.Store database. After this you need to restart IIS under WAP.
    • You should test the following process to ensure end to end communication is working:
      1. Re-register SPF into WAP using a local account on SPF side which is a member of all four SPF groups
      2. Register VMM with WAP and verify that you can see your predefined clouds and VMs
      3. Create a plan
      4. Create a user with that plan
      5. Verify that the tenant has been created in VMM
    • You have to redo this whole process after each change while debugging

MS has promised to update the documentation with these.

• Proposed as answer by Andras Tudos Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:14 PM
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:52 AM
  • Also, if you're running all of this on the same box, you can't run the application pool for VMM as Network Service - it must be a user. When communicating locally, the site will still use Network Service as the credential and you can't add Network Service as a user in VMM. The other sites can still run as Network Service. Though I haven't tested, this likely only applies when running everything locally since it would use the domain computer account when communicating over a network which can (and was already) added to the necessary VMM role.

Jeff Graves, ORCS Web, Inc.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:59 PM
  • This issue was not related to VM's or SPF as only a base install with the Web Sites role. However we did find a bug, replicated on our end as we rebuilt it another 3 times and Microsoft is looking into it but so far cannot reproduce. Basically the fixed to this is forcing a reboot of all 8 machines you build, one of them needs a reboot that isn't during install. Once rebooted you can select activate subscription or resync (only one option, I forget which one) and it will work.
    • Marked as answer by ryan.kekos Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:38 AM
  • The customer issue was related to a pending reboot which prevents installation of the FSRM role.

Mitigation is to reboot the roles if you experience this issue.  Please let us know if you experience the same issue as Ryan, as we're unable to reproduce the issue.

Thanks!

Ryan

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:06 PM
  • Ok. I have to agree with the original post. This does not work!

I have tried every permutation under the sun, App Pool accounts with domain admins rights, admin rights to SQL, VMM, DBO and every other rights to EVERY database created and still... Cannot get tenants created, cannot get subscription to sync, cannot use it at all.

I have got some experience with the last version and have that fully operational but something is not right here... Something just does not work. It all looks good but is totally useless!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:22 AM

• MS has promised to update the documentation with these.

Well. If they have, it is not very obvious. I have wasted days trying to get this to work... even slightly. Very, not happy.
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:24 AM
  • Hi Dean,

Ryan's issue was with FSRM and a pending reboot - and was related to the Web Sites service.

It doesn't sound like you're encountering the same issue.  I'd recommend starting a separate thread.

Thanks!

Ryan

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:09 PM
  • Hi All,

I have faced the same issue and resolved it.

it is related as a bug in SCVMM 2012 R2, so 2 patches need to be install on VMM Server and one script need to be run on VMM Database.

Sharing the details as well.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2904712

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/windowsazure/de-de/916d8a27-e629-4232-8090-afbc17457bd0/windows-azure-pack-preview-subscription-active-out-of-sync-error

Kirpal Singh

Saturday, March 15, 2014 6:38 AM