none
Transport Scan Job Alert

General discussion

• we received a alert which describes  as "No antimalware scan engines have initialized successfully for the Transport scan job."

but after restarting the service "Microsoft Forefront Server Protection Controller service " the problem gets resolved.

im getting the alert often for a same server.. what may be the cause and how can i resolve this?

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

do you have Forefront Protection or Forefront Security for Exchange?

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:18 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry to Hijack this thread, I am also seeing the error described above in Forefront Protection For Exchange 2010.

I have 6 Exchange 2010 Hub servers each of which has had this issue occur several times dating back to early 2013.  The busier Hub servers seem to have this issue more often - maybe once or twice per month.  Restarting the "Microsoft Forefront Server protection Controller" usually resolves the issue and queues eventually clear down.  Occasionally a reboot is required.

All Scan engines are up-to-date (With the exception of Virus Buster which is disabled).

This is seen in the Event log:

FSEAgentTransport scan engine exception occurred during scan retry. Message will be archived to undeliverable folder and purged. FSCTransportScannerCould not initialize Spyware Scanner properly. As a result the system will not function. Please check the Antispyware engine and signatures.Microsoft Forefront ProtectionNone of the antimalware engines selected for transport scanning have been initialized.

Server is running Windows Server 2008R2 Standard SP1. (Virtual server hosted in VMWare)

Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange server Version: 11.0.727.0

Exchange 2010 Version: 14.03.0158.001

Please let me know if there is any further information I can provide. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

James

• Edited by MrHyperV Friday, January 03, 2014 4:17 AM
    Friday, January 03, 2014 4:16 AM