none
Just One Wiki Page !

Question

• HEllo, I Wanna create an EnterpriseWIKI So That each user can add one and just one Wikipage and He/she has "edit" permission over his/her wikipage, and just "read" permission over other's wikipages.

How Di perform that job? thanks

Thursday, August 01, 2013 10:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't know how many users this is concerning. There is no 'out of the box' way of achieving your requirement from the end user perspective. What you could do using OOTB is:

• Remove contribution rights on the list level
    • Create a page for each user
    • Edit the rights of each individual item in the list, to give the user edit and the other users read

If you are talking about 40 users, the above might work for you. If that is in the thousands, it probably won't and you should be looking at some custom coding.

Cheers and good luck,
    Vincent

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, August 02, 2013 10:30 AM
  • Like Vincent mentioned you need to work with custom coding.

There are different ways you can achieve it. 

1. Application page (visual webpart) has a link to create a wiki and show that link only when they are creating an item for the first time.

2. Attach Itemadding even handler to the wiki library and if the user tries to add check if they have already created an item, if it's there show a message that you do not have the option to create one more.

For permissions third point mentioned by Vincent will do the trick.

Make sure you are following guideline with item level permissions where you have thousand of users (each page for the user) can create a performance issue.

My Blog- http://www.sharepoint-journey.com| Twitter
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful

Sunday, August 04, 2013 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't know how many users this is concerning. There is no 'out of the box' way of achieving your requirement from the end user perspective. What you could do using OOTB is:

• Remove contribution rights on the list level
    • Create a page for each user
    • Edit the rights of each individual item in the list, to give the user edit and the other users read

If you are talking about 40 users, the above might work for you. If that is in the thousands, it probably won't and you should be looking at some custom coding.

Cheers and good luck,
    Vincent

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, August 02, 2013 10:30 AM
  • .. Or you might use a Survey that only allows one answer per user, and one question of the type Enhanced Rich Text.

No, that won't be a Wiki page, but it will allow each user to be able to add nicely formatted web content nonetheless..

Friday, August 02, 2013 3:15 PM
  • Like Vincent mentioned you need to work with custom coding.

There are different ways you can achieve it. 

1. Application page (visual webpart) has a link to create a wiki and show that link only when they are creating an item for the first time.

2. Attach Itemadding even handler to the wiki library and if the user tries to add check if they have already created an item, if it's there show a message that you do not have the option to create one more.

For permissions third point mentioned by Vincent will do the trick.

Make sure you are following guideline with item level permissions where you have thousand of users (each page for the user) can create a performance issue.

My Blog- http://www.sharepoint-journey.com| Twitter
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful

Sunday, August 04, 2013 3:20 AM
  • Thanks For Your Reply, My Users are More Than 2000!!! so i think each person page causes performance problem.

Sunday, August 04, 2013 2:35 PM