none
How to add Pivot Chart rather than both chart and table?

Question

• Hi all,

Now I want to inser PivotChart on the Excel, after clicking the button PivotChart, I will get both PivotTable and PivotChart, how to only get the PivotChart? Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:27 AM

Answers

• you can move the pivot table to new worksheet.

1)

2)

Paras Doshi (Blog: ParasDoshi.com | Twitter: @Paras_Doshi )

• Marked as answer by Jeddd Monday, September 23, 2013 5:30 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:56 AM
  • In Excel 2010 and prior versions (as far as I remember), the extra pivot table that gets created is the data source for the pivot chart.  So deleting is not an option.  If you don't want to expose that pivot table, or just want to simplify your end-product workbook, you can easily put the pivot table on another sheet and hide that sheet.  Sometimes, it's actually much easier to have access to the pivot table data source to manipulate the input for the pivot chart.  Regardless, if you simply don't want to see it, just hide it.

In Excel2013, you can create PivotCharts that use the Power Pivot model (Data Model) directly as their data source.  So that additional pivot table isn't created as the source and doesn't need to be hidden.

Let me know if that helps.

Brent Greenwood, MS, MCITP, CBIP
    // Please mark correct answers and helpful posts //
    http://brentgreenwood.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:35 PM

All replies

• you can move the pivot table to new worksheet.

1)

2)

• Marked as answer by Jeddd Monday, September 23, 2013 5:30 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:56 AM
  • In the insert tab you can see also insert pivot chart

Also from the power pivot manage window you can insert a pivot chart without inserting a pivot table.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:35 PM
  • Also from the power pivot manage window you can insert a pivot chart without inserting a pivot table.

Dany, the "issue" is, that even when you select "Pivot Chart", always also a "Pivot Table" will be inserted into an additional new Excel sheet (tested in Excel 2010).

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:57 PM
  • Also from the power pivot manage window you can insert a pivot chart without inserting a pivot table.

Dany, the "issue" is, that even when you select "Pivot Chart", always also a "Pivot Table" will be inserted into an additional new Excel sheet (tested in Excel 2010).

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Yup. It inserts the Chart + Pivot Table. So I move the Pivot Table to some other sheet. 

[This is Excel Pivot Table Question & not Power Pivot question]

Steps to move the pivot table to new worksheet:

1)

2)

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:54 PM
  • Dear Paras,

Thanks for your feedback, yes you are right, it is not PowerPivot but Pivot for Excel. After I moving the PivotTable to another new sheet as you said, then I delete this PivotTable, I found the the PivotTable Fied List will lose for the PivotChart. How to keep this for the Chart?

Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:09 AM
  • In Excel 2010 and prior versions (as far as I remember), the extra pivot table that gets created is the data source for the pivot chart.  So deleting is not an option.  If you don't want to expose that pivot table, or just want to simplify your end-product workbook, you can easily put the pivot table on another sheet and hide that sheet.  Sometimes, it's actually much easier to have access to the pivot table data source to manipulate the input for the pivot chart.  Regardless, if you simply don't want to see it, just hide it.

In Excel2013, you can create PivotCharts that use the Power Pivot model (Data Model) directly as their data source.  So that additional pivot table isn't created as the source and doesn't need to be hidden.

Let me know if that helps.

Brent Greenwood, MS, MCITP, CBIP
    // Please mark correct answers and helpful posts //
    http://brentgreenwood.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:35 PM
  • Who can give some suggestion? Really thanks.
    Monday, September 23, 2013 1:21 AM