none
Excel 2010 chrashed and powerpivot add-in is gone!

Question

• Hi,

During update of a excelworkbook excel crashed and a message 'Excel has stopped working and trying to fix the problem' or something is shown. After this PowerPivot add-in is gone from excel 2010! Anyone experianced something like this before?

How to fix the problem? Just to reinstall the addin? Reinstall Excel 2010?

Larra

Larra
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:25 AM

Answers

• Excel 2010 generally repairs itself quite well, so I would start by reinstalling the PP addin. Check in the Control Panel and uninstall the PP addin if there is still an entry there.

HTH

Bob

"Larra" wrote in message news:b379ff13-f08e-4d72-8e7c-c5db80e872eb@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi,

During update of a excelworkbook excel crashed and a message 'Excel has stopped working and trying to fix the problem' or something is shown. After this PowerPivot add-in is gone from excel 2010! Anyone experianced something like this before?

Larra

Larra
    • Marked as answer by Larra Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:39 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:40 AM

All replies

• Excel 2010 generally repairs itself quite well, so I would start by reinstalling the PP addin. Check in the Control Panel and uninstall the PP addin if there is still an entry there.

HTH

Bob

"Larra" wrote in message news:b379ff13-f08e-4d72-8e7c-c5db80e872eb@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi,

Larra

Larra
    • Marked as answer by Larra Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:39 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:40 AM
  • Thanks Bob,

It did the reinstall of the PP add-in and it works fine.

Larra

Larra
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:40 PM
  • Hi,

I understand you have solved your problem by reinstalling the PowerPivot add-in, but this is really not needed.

Every time there is an exception with any Excel add-in that causes Excel to crash then Excel will mark the add-in as disabled. It is "normal" for a v1 product like PowerPivot to crash occasionally. When this happens go to File->Options->Add-ins and you will see "PowerPivot for Excel" in the "Disabled Application Add-ins". To re-enable it select "Disabled Items" from the Manage dropdown list and click Go button. Then a dialog will open allowing you to re-enable the PowerPivot add-in.

HTH,

Hrvoje Piasevoli

Sunday, February 13, 2011 11:17 AM
  • Hello,

I had the same problem as Larra.

But I can't get PowerPivot back. I tried the 'repair' function of the PowerPivot installer. Then completely uninstalled en re-installed. Rebooted my pc several times, but in the com-adapters window of Excel the PowerPivot plugin keeps saying 'verwijderd' for 'load behavior.(see screenshot) 'verwijderd'(in Dutch)=Removed. 'Laadgedrag'='loading behavior'. I have the latest PowerPivot and Excel 2010 Professional version.(updated)

I really don't know what to do next?

• Edited by MsOasen Thursday, September 08, 2011 7:35 AM
    Thursday, September 08, 2011 7:34 AM
  • I found the right answer:

Check if HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Excel\Resiliency has disabled entries for powerpivot?

For me there was some key under 'Resiliency'. I just deleted this key and the PowerPivot add-in was back.(no reboot or activation of the com-add-in was needed)

The answer was mentioned in this thread of the forum

Thursday, September 08, 2011 8:08 AM
  • I tried lots of options & finally got the right answer in Hrvoje Piasevoli's reply.  

Sometimes subtle things remain unobserved 

Thanks

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:38 AM