none
Exchange 2007/Outlook 2007 - Attendees Missing In Meeting

Question

• We have a user (UserA) who is unable to see attendees in multiple meetings.

After reviewing one specific meeting, I saw:

1.  From the organizer's account, I confirmed that the meeting does have multiple required attendees.

2.  The meeting was not forwarded to UserA.  UserA is a required attendee.

3.  UserA experiences the problem on multiple devices.

4.  As a test from my account, I viewed the Organizer's calendar and was able to see the attendees successfully.

I've tried refreshing Free/Busy from the appointment.  I've tried using outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy and that does not appear to work.  My senior and I are kind of at a loss with this one because we've never seen this.

Exchange SP3 2007 Rollup 11/Outlook 2007 SP3 is being used.

Any assistance would be appreciated with this.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:33 PM

Answers

• Does "User A" use any mobile devices? I so, if they stop using them does the problem (on future meetings) disappear?

Consider that just because a mobile device is "up to date" doesn't mean it deal correctly with the ActiveSync protocol. Each device OEM is responsible for the doing of the software they provide.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Friday, December 13, 2013 10:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This issue is often caused by a mobile device syncing with the Calendar. So try to update the mobile device. Please check whether UserA can view attendees in OWA. Please enable Exchange and Outlook logging to help confirm what is actually happening with these meetings. Also try to send a meeting to UserA in Outlook to check whether the issue can reproduced.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 13, 2013 9:02 AM
  • Winnie,

Thank you for your response.

We confirmed that UserA is having the problem in OWA.  The problem has occurred with multiple appointments and occurs sporadically.  We are in the process of ensuring mobile devices are up to date and unused devices' partnerships are removed.

I checked other attendees in the meeting, other attendees were able to see the attendees list in the meeting successfully.

Thanks again,

Jason

Friday, December 13, 2013 12:46 PM
  • Does "User A" use any mobile devices? I so, if they stop using them does the problem (on future meetings) disappear?

Consider that just because a mobile device is "up to date" doesn't mean it deal correctly with the ActiveSync protocol. Each device OEM is responsible for the doing of the software they provide.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Friday, December 13, 2013 10:53 PM