none
nic teaming

Question

• I have two teamed nics however one is showing in the domain (local and internet) the other is showing as unidentified network (local only) I want to join the second nic to the domain.  how would I do that?  all the ipv4 configurations are correct and pointing to the domain dns.  I can not find my issue.  help.  

Thanks 

new system admin

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:39 PM

Answers

• Broadcom BCM5716C NetXtreme II GigE using broadcom

Both Nics are on the same network... but you want to team them together and act as one for either load balancing or active/passive?

Since they're broadcom, you should likely download the appropriate BCS (Broadcom Control Suite) which will allow you to create a team.    This will create a third nic, using the BASP driver, which is where you will need to set your IP/Dns/etc.. information on.     So you'll still see the two physical nics, but the 3rd software-nic is the one that you use for everything from there on out.

Brian / ChevyNovaLN

• Marked as answer by Rducketts Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:06 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:28 PM

All replies

• Please confirm what kind of NIC you are using .. intel? if yes then see below. you would need to check the manufactures website for driver/software that will enable you configure NIC teaming in your environment. See below for step by step guide on how to configure NIC teaming for an INtel NIC card. 

http://www.server-log.com/blog/2011/6/9/how-to-configure-teaming-on-a-intel-nic-step-by-step.html

Regards, MassonTech

• Proposed as answer by MassonTech Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:22 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:31 PM

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:12 PM

Both Nics are on the same network... but you want to team them together and act as one for either load balancing or active/passive?

Since they're broadcom, you should likely download the appropriate BCS (Broadcom Control Suite) which will allow you to create a team.    This will create a third nic, using the BASP driver, which is where you will need to set your IP/Dns/etc.. information on.     So you'll still see the two physical nics, but the 3rd software-nic is the one that you use for everything from there on out.

Brian / ChevyNovaLN

• Marked as answer by Rducketts Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:06 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:28 PM
  • Thanks that worked. Did not know about control suite im new to teaming

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:08 PM
  • No problem at all.   Enjoy :)

Brian / ChevyNovaLN

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:43 PM