none
force Report Builder 3 default language settings

Question

• Hi everybody,

Is there a way to force the Report Builder default Language value. 
    I mean the report language settings is filled in whith a default value fr-fr for instance?

Thanks

Pete
    Friday, September 13, 2013 6:26 AM

All replies

• You can see this link:

Set the Locale for a Report or Text Box (Reporting Services)

The most important motivation for the research work that resulted in the relational model was the objective of providing a sharp and clear boundary between the logical and physical aspects of database management. - E. F. Codd
    Saeid Hasani's home page

Friday, September 13, 2013 6:29 AM
  • Thanks for this ling Saeid, but I want the report language to be set up at Report Builder Opening.
    I mean I launch Report Builder and I don't have to think about this settings because it is already filled in with my default value (which seems to be english in my case whereas I would like to get french)
    Friday, September 13, 2013 6:39 AM
  • Hi Pete,

For the ClickOnce version, all language versions are installed on the report server when we install SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (SSRS). The culture of the user's computer determines which language version is installed on the computer. If the culture does not match an available Report Builder language, the English version is installed.

For  the stand-alone version of Report Builder, we select the language version that we want to install. We must repeat the download for each language version that we want to use.
    So, to install the French Report Builder, we need to download it from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6116
    Then "Select Language" = French, then install it.

More detail information, you can refer to the article about Report Builder:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207038.aspx

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Monday, September 16, 2013 5:36 AM
  • Is it the same for SQL Server 2008 R2?
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:06 AM
  • In my customer case, his computer culture is set to french.
    French is available as Report Builder Language.
    When I create a report, if I don't specify fr-FR for the Report Localization property, my results are displayed in english format.

I downloaded the french  stand alone version and I don't have this problem.
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 12:05 PM