none
Windows 8 login issues

Question

• Hello!

Facing a weird problem logging into my Windows 8 laptop: it boots up - but does not show the login/splash screen wallpaper it used to: instead it shows a plan blue background, with a list of users (3 right now). After selecting my user for login and providing the password, it shows a "welcome" message for a few seconds, followed by a "Signing Out" message and signs me out back to the login screen. I never get to my desktop. I tried to sign in multiple times with the same result.

If I boot up in "Safe mode" - then I can sign into my account. However, after booting back out of safe mode and into "Normal" mode - I have the same error: I get the "Welcome/Signing out" loop without ever getting to my desktop.

I have been trying to troubleshoot this for a few days now - highly grateful for any advice that does not require trashing my current user id.

Thanks in advance!

Sunday, October 06, 2013 8:26 PM

Answers

• Does this happen to one user or all three users? if this is happening to all three and they work in safe mode, what I'm suspecting is that there is a service that run in normal mode and not in safe mode, do you remember if you installed any software anything weird happened before this?

Monday, October 07, 2013 6:37 AM