I cannot set up a HomeGroup on my computer. I have windows 7 and I have set the Network up as a Home Network.
When I try to set up a home group the dialog says "HomeGroup is not ready yet. Please try again in a few minutes. If message continues to appear, Click the link to start the HomeGroup Troubleshooter".
Well I did the troubleshooter and the next box says "Troubleshooting could not identify the problem".
What do I do now? I really need to share files between this computer and a laptop.
- Moved by Frank Shen5Microsoft contingent staff Friday, September 20, 2013 9:08 AM
Have you made any changes to the computer recently?
Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you try the following:
1. Uninstall and update the network card driver.
2. Check if there is any network profile can be removed and recreate.
To remove network profiles from your computer, you may follow the steps mentioned below and check.
a. Open Manage Wireless Networks by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type wireless, and then click Manage wireless networks.
b. Right-click the network profile you want to modify, and then click Properties.
c. Make the desired changes, and then click OK.
For more information see Create or modify network profiles.
3. Check HomeGroup settings and check if it help.
Change HomeGroup settings:
4. Run the following command in an elevated command prompt to disable Windows Firewall and check the issue:
Netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off
Please Note: you can turn back on with the command “Netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on”.
5. Try to create a new user account to check the result.
Create a user account
For further information, you may refer the below links:
Create a homegroup
HomeGroup: frequently asked questions
TechNet Community Support
- Marked as answer by Alex ZhaozxMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:26 AM