none
Windows 2003 P2V Windows Activation Issue

Question

• I have migrated one of my Server from P2V, the original server is with Windows 2003 SP 2 (Standard Edition). I have used EaseUs Advanced Server 4.0 to migrate Drive Partition backup to convert into VHD

As soon as I login, I receive a popup for Windows Activation and need to activate in 3 days. I thought might be VHD was not converted completely i have again converted the VHD (EaseUs) to Star Wind V2V converter but still getting Windows Activation issue.

Have searched for hours and tried to repair my Installation with below method by Ryan
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/66e7f871-339b-415b-be77-291a01b4588e/how-to-convert-windows-server-2003-trial-to-use-a-volume-license-key?forum=winservergen

My organization have retail and Volume licensing keys but before entering the license option I am getting an error some times it says to check the Adequate disk space or want me to disable some settings in BIOS.

I am not sure exactly what is going wrong after copying the files for in-place upgrade, Integration Services are installed correctly without any errors.

you can check the below snapshot

• Edited by srsiddiqui Sunday, June 08, 2014 6:44 PM
    Sunday, June 08, 2014 5:45 PM

Answers

All replies