USB Device Not Recognized

Question

• Dear All,

My HP LaserJet P2015 printer was working fine previously but from last week, it is showing this error message.

One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

My Machine:
    HP 530 Laptop
    windows xp pro sp3

I tried to uninstall the hp printer driver+software both and reinstalled but no gain, then removed the usb controllers and restarted the system of course it got auto install after reboot. still not working, now it is showing as an unknown device in the device manager. i tried to install it using its CD, but no luck.

Please advise any solution.
    Thanks in Adv.
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 10:52 AM

All replies

• I just had the same problem.  Having 3 such printers in the office, like yours they are about 2 yrs old, I am able to switch out printers.  When doing so the problem printer always comes up with the USB device is malfunctioning, not recognized errors.  On a 'clean' PC, having no printers, I get the same error.  I have tried various USB 2.0 cables.  Seems most likely the printers board is to blame.  I am not sure if/how to re-flash its logic.  Should I have any success, I will reply.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 3:15 PM