none
how to email all people in a contact list connected to outlook?

Question

• I have connected a SharePoint 2010 contact list to Outlook (2013) so I can see the contacts in Outlook. But I can't find a way of addressing an email to all the contacts in the list.  I can select multiple contacts in Outlook but can't address a message to selected contacts (or everyone in the list, which is what I want).  I can select multiple contacts the click "meeting" in the ribbon and a new meeting will be created to those contacts, but I can't do the same for an email - am I missing something obvious?

thanks

Monday, November 18, 2013 9:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Per my experience, we could not email somebody filtering by the company.

As the Select Names dialog of the outlook does not have the company field, we could not filter by the company.

If it is a basic contact list of the outlook, we could create a company group, then use the company group to email someone.

But the SharePoint contact list could not create a group, as the SharePoint list has no content type to match with the outlook group.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 22, 2013 1:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you could not address an email to the SharePoint 2010 contact list.

Did you select “Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book” in the contact list properties?

Right click the contact list->Properties->Outlook Address Book->select “Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book” as below.

Then you would address the members of the contact list.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason

Jason Guo

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 9:20 AM
  • That does let me add members of the contact list to email via the picker - THANK YOU!.  Now to take this a little bit further, customer wants to be able to email everyone in the list who is a member of a particular company, or has a particular field value set - is there a way of doing that also?
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

Per my experience, we could not email somebody filtering by the company.

As the Select Names dialog of the outlook does not have the company field, we could not filter by the company.

If it is a basic contact list of the outlook, we could create a company group, then use the company group to email someone.

But the SharePoint contact list could not create a group, as the SharePoint list has no content type to match with the outlook group.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason

Jason Guo

Friday, November 22, 2013 1:17 AM