none
Can't log into server! BSOD!

Question

• Morning All,

I am currently unable to log into one of my servers. I hope someone can help.

The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2950 running Server 2003. Whenever I try to login, after I have put in my password, I am shown straight to the BSOD! I can't get into Windows at all.

Upon restart there is no option for me to run in Safe Mode. The server is working okay and people can access the data on it but I just cannot get onto the server, which is annoying.

The BSOD error code is as follows:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x808BA233, 0xB5AF28F8, 0x00000000)

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:46 AM

All replies

• Hi

The fact the BSOD come after you input your password is stange. As is all service work and the server is able to show the login screen, then I would try another user name. To be sure it's not your user profile the culprit.

Thanks

Regards, Philippe

Thursday, November 28, 2013 4:00 AM
  • Thanks Philippe,

Have tried logging on as other users, both domain users and as the local PC admin account. Still same BSOD result!

Saturday, November 30, 2013 4:56 AM
  • 

Hi,

I think this KB will help you:

You may receive an error message on a Windows-based computer: "STOP 0x00000050" or "STOP 0x0000008e"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903251

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 9:23 AM
  • What does it do if you let it sit there without logging in?  Will it continue without the BSOD?

Safe Mode:

Start Tapping the F8 key sooner,...before Windows begins to boot.  You are probably waiting too late.  If you get the menu choose Safe Mode with Networking and log in with the Local Administrator account rather than a domain account.  Open the Event Viewer and see what it there.

You might also try logging in over RDP instead of the Console and see if you can get in that way to troubleshoot.

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 5:50 PM
  • If i don't log in it sits on the login screen and people can still access the data on the shared drive. I can't log in via RDP or with local admin without being shown to BSOD. Can't get to safe mode either, I press F8 as soon as server is on but it still boots as normal.
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:28 AM
  • Thanks, but I can't get onto the system to type in/look at anything.
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:31 AM