none
Distributing Sharepoint DLL

Question

• Hi,

Our product has some features done using integration with Sharepoint 2010We are currently located in Kerala,India.

We have used the CSOM technique for that.We have used Microsoft.Sharepoint.Client.dll and Microsoft.Sharepoint.Client.Runtime.dll for the same.

My client in Qatar has installed their Sharepoint in UK server.They will be using our product to upload files to Sharepoint.

My query is can i distribute our sharepoint dlls to my client in Qatar along with our product?

Regards,

Neethu

Monday, September 30, 2013 5:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

I think your product should work in Qatar also. Make sure that you both are using same SP version. Since you are already added SP dll's in your product so you don't actually need to share those dll's.

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 30, 2013 7:46 AM
  • Thanks Hemendra.

I have one more query.We are using a licensed version of SharePoint Enterprise.Will sharing the dlls cause any licensing issue?

Thanks,Neethu

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:43 AM
  • From a licensing perspective, you can only distribute what Microsoft provides as a downloadable component, e.g. the SharePoint Foundation CSOM Redist:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21786

Note there are various packages of this redistribute, so search for "sharepoint client redistribute".

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 5:37 AM