none
SonicWALL TZ 100 Router/Firewall Setup

Question

• I am in the process of setting up our Small Business Server 2011 Essentials; currently I am setting up RWA and our router.  All seems to be working fine, though I am getting errors from SBSe that my router is not set up properly.

Here is my setup basics related to the problem:
    Dell PowerEdge 2900
    Small Business Server 2011 Essentials
    Sonicwall TZ 100 Firewall/Router

Sonicwall TZ 100 Router Setup:
    -Router Static IP: The router has been setup (using its Setup Wizard) with a static IP that was supplied by my ISP.  All settings from ISP including IP, Subnet, Gateway, and DNS1, DNS2 have been set in router.  The only oddball thing with this is that I used an alternate MAC address that was one digit off from the actual MAC address; at the time I gave my ISP my routers Serial number that I mistook for the MAC address (which is only one digit different from the MAC address).

-Server Static IP: The router also setup the server static IP during the inital Setup Wizard (192.168.168.10); the server NIC was setup with this static IP, the DNS is setup using my ISP supplied DNS.  The router DHCP pool was setup to lease 192.168.168.11 through 192.168.168.167.

-Port Forwarding: I ran the Public Server Wizard on the router that setup port forwarding for ports 80 and 443 directed to my server static IP (192.168.168.10).  This wizard in turn setup up the Services and groups used to allow HTTP and HTTPS trafic to the server.

ISP Domain setup:
    I have setup the A Record of my domain remote.companyname.com to point to the static IP address that the router/firewall is now setup with.

Small Business Server 2011 Essentials Setup:
    As much as the RWA setup tool lets me, I have setup RWA and all seems to be working.  I can connect to RWA using the domain remote.companyname.com that has been setup.  From the outside all seems to working fine with RWA:

Small Business Server 2011 Essentials RWA Errors:
    I get the following errors/warnings:
    -Server Settings Wizard:Remote Web Access: 
        The router is not working.
    -Remote Web Access setup (AND ALSO Repair) Wizard: 
        Internet connection is not available.
        UPnP is not enabled on the router.

QUESTION:
    How do I resolve these errors/warnings?  
    -RWA seems to be working fine.
    -I have internet connectivity.
    -The Sonicwall TZ 100 Firewall/Router that I have does not have UPnP

• Edited by ClimbEdge Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:14 PM Formatting
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:11 PM

All replies

• There are a lot of known issues 'with no solutions' about router errors.

Sadly they seem to be in the list of 'safe to ignore'

I would suggest you install UR2 and see if that helps as it has some fixes for this type of error.

Robert Pearman SBS MVP (2011) | www.titlerequired.com | www.itauthority.co.uk

Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:52 PM