none
Windows Small Business Server 2008 SDK DOWNLOAD

Question

• Anyone know where Microsoft have hidden the following download:

Windows Small Business Server 2008 SDK

It's mentioned on loads of Microsoft webpages but I can't find the download for it.
    Thanks

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I also cannot find a download link for SBS 2008 SDK.

Based on the current situation, please refer to the following link to confirm this issue.

Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bb980924

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, August 26, 2011 2:43 PM
  • I think that sort of makes sense, in the spirit of the way they have merged the SP's for Win7 & 2008 r2,

everything is backwards compatible today right? :S

Robert Pearman SBS MVP (2011) | www.titlerequired.com | www.itauthority.co.uk
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:08 PM

All replies

• can you provide a link to one of those pages where it's mentioned?

--
    Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
    Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
    http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/0672329573/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217269967&sr=8-1
    Owner, CPU Services, Belleville, IL
    A Microsoft Registered Partner
    ------------------------------------
    MVPs do not work for Microsoft
    Please do not submit questions directly to me.

Cris Hanna, Microsoft SBS MVP, Owner-CPU Services, Belleville, IL
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:22 PM
  • i think the consensus is, its no longer available.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:32 PM
  • can you provide a link to one of those pages where it's mentioned?

Sure. The following is just one place it is mentioned. If you search for SBS Console (Dashboard) you'll find a whole range of pages across the web that reference this download.....

"Using the Windows Small Business Server SDK"
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721702(v=WS.10).aspx

"You can also use the Windows Small Business Server 2008 SDK to add security components and custom alerts to Windows® Small Business Server 2011 Standard."

There's even code walk-throughds but nothing more. Cetainly no download.

You used to be able to create an add-in for the old EBS....but Microsoft have discontinued that.

You can also use the "Windows Server Solutions SDK (WSS SDK)) but that only covers the SBS 2010 Essential edition and not the SBS 2010 STandard edition. The Console looks the similar but not identical....

I know it is possible to create an addin for a 3rd-party backup product....I saw an example at a trade show and it used to be easy with EBS.

Friday, August 26, 2011 4:37 AM
  • i think the consensus is, its no longer available.

Thanks.

I'm beginning to assume the same thing, or rather it's made available only to System Integrators and ISVs.

This is one of the things that drives me up the wall with Microsoft. You spend hours researching something only to find out that it has "disappeared". At least update the documentation or put a note "For ISVs only".

I wish someone from Microsoft would just provide a clear answer: Yes it exists, but your need to be an ISV and apply here.

Friday, August 26, 2011 4:42 AM
  • Hi,

Based on the current situation, please refer to the following link to confirm this issue.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, August 26, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Hi,

Hi

Are you saying that all the APIs and features originally included in the "Windows Small Business Server 2008 SDK" are now in the latest Windows SDK??

Friday, August 26, 2011 4:59 PM
  • I think that sort of makes sense, in the spirit of the way they have merged the SP's for Win7 & 2008 r2,

everything is backwards compatible today right? :S

Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:08 PM