none
Custom Cleanup Step

Question

• I want to perform a custom cleanup step after "Gather local only" and before "Create WIM".  I have tried a number of approaches, but they have all failed to find either the custom script that I wrote, or the CMD.EXE file specified in a "Run Command Line" step via START and BDDRun.exe.  Opening a command shell is a last resort attempt to examine the environment on the Reference Computer just prior to capturing the WIM so I can implement the appropriate steps.

The custom cleanup steps will involve deleting folders, files and registry entries in a way that duplicates our current non-MDT image generation process.  Any suggestions will be appreciated

Friday, May 03, 2013 5:44 PM

All replies

• What happens if you add your scripts/steps before "Restart Computer?"

-Nick O.

Friday, May 03, 2013 7:25 PM
  • Put your script into the Scripts folder on the Deployment Share, and then call it with a "Run Command Line" step and use the command line:

cscript.exe "%SCRIPTROOT%\MyScript.wsf"

You could also use VBScript or a Batch file or whatever.  You can also use PowerShell (but call the PowerShell step instead).  Another option is to create a batch file, import it as an "Application", and then call the running of the Application.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Friday, May 03, 2013 7:28 PM