none
Messages queueing usng IIS SMTP Relay server for Office 365

Question

• We have SMTP relay server in IIS for office 365. We followed the setup provided by Microsoft but messages are stuck inside the queue folder.

Any help? 

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 6:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Anything updates now?

Which sutup you have followed? Did you mean that SMTP server didn't deliver the mail? If yes, please check the -delivery report -delivery report would be created in the C:\InetPub\MailRoot\BadMail folder.

In addition, since it is related to IIS, you can also ask in IIS forum below for professional assistance:

http://forums.iis.net/

Best regards,

Susie

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:23 AM
  • Sorry for the delayed reply.

I was able to make it work by configuring the smtp relay in Windows Server 2008 rather than Windows Server 2003. I think there are compatibility issues for Office365 when you use Windows Server 2003 as an SMTP relay server.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 11:49 AM

All replies

• HI

Ensure the belwo,

Account password is not expired,

Nslookup Smart host name configured, it will provide all the IP address, allow all the IP address on the firewall

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 7:16 AM
  • Hi,

Anything updates now?

Which sutup you have followed? Did you mean that SMTP server didn't deliver the mail? If yes, please check the -delivery report -delivery report would be created in the C:\InetPub\MailRoot\BadMail folder.

In addition, since it is related to IIS, you can also ask in IIS forum below for professional assistance:

http://forums.iis.net/

Best regards,

Susie

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:23 AM
  • Sorry for the delayed reply.

I was able to make it work by configuring the smtp relay in Windows Server 2008 rather than Windows Server 2003. I think there are compatibility issues for Office365 when you use Windows Server 2003 as an SMTP relay server.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 11:49 AM
  • Hi,

Good to hear that and thanks for sharing.

It would be greatly helpful to someone who encounters the similar issues.

Best regards,

Susie

Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:10 AM