Cannot add Microsoft account to Windows 8

Question

• I've installed Windows 8 with local account. After setting up network and proxy settings I tried to add so called Microsoft Account (live id), but with no success.

After entering log in data, and adding some extra info the windows requested the process fails at step that says that I'm almost there.

Tried it on non proxy connection, same thing.

How to fix it?

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:41 PM

Answers

• I've got some progress with this. Next day it all worked. Not a single setting was changed. It worked on all computers that I tried, and that didn't work day before. There were 20 PCs.

I could log in to live.com, not a problem with that, edit the profile, but on last step it just crashed.

Saturday, June 16, 2012 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check if you can access http://login.live.com/ and sign in without problem.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 15, 2012 7:40 AM
  • I also have Laptop and I connect from Mobile Device. So I Installed Windows 8 RP with Local account and then after Restarting and Installing Mobile Device Driver, connected to Internet. In Computer Settings I clicked Users and clicked Change to Live ID . Entered Username and Password, Everything worked Fine and all my Settings, HomePage settings, Themes and Desktop Background are Synchronized as same in Windows 8 CP which I had earlier. 

Just try once again, It should work.

• Proposed as answer by John Bhatt Sunday, June 17, 2012 4:56 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 9:02 AM
  • I've got some progress with this. Next day it all worked. Not a single setting was changed. It worked on all computers that I tried, and that didn't work day before. There were 20 PCs.

I could log in to live.com, not a problem with that, edit the profile, but on last step it just crashed.

Saturday, June 16, 2012 8:20 PM