none
"Windows could not search for new updates"

    Question

  • I have set up a new WSUS server but my computers are unable to check for updates from it (see title).

    I keep getting error code: 80244019 which is useless and not applicable.

    I simple added my server name as this: 'http://servername'. This did not work so I tried this: 'http://servername.domain.name.org.uk'.

    Does anyone have any ideas of what could be the issues? 

    Thursday, February 06, 2014 2:42 PM

Answers

  • After trying a few different things I decided to delete our GPO and re-create it, this seems to have fixed the problem. There must have been a conflicting setting in it, it is a very old GPO!
    Thursday, February 06, 2014 3:20 PM

All replies

  • After trying a few different things I decided to delete our GPO and re-create it, this seems to have fixed the problem. There must have been a conflicting setting in it, it is a very old GPO!
    Thursday, February 06, 2014 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

    I'm so glad to see that the issue is resolved.

    Thanks for your sharing.

    Friday, February 07, 2014 2:24 AM
  • There must have been a conflicting setting in it, it is a very old GPO!
    The 0x80244019 error code you received is an HTTP 404 error. In this context it most likely means that the WSUS server wasn't at the place the GPO claimed it was. Since you installed a *new* server, it's highly unlikely that the *new* server was at the same place as the *old* server. Configuring the GPO with the correct URL of the WSUS server is paramount.

    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCSA, MCITP:EA, MCDBA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2014)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Lawrence%20R%20Garvin-32101
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

    Friday, February 07, 2014 8:08 PM