Filtered disconnectors-Processed in every sync cycle.

Question

• Hi

I have two questions

I filter Identites based on some conditions in my code .These records are getting processed in every synch cycle which is increasing the synch cycle time even though there is no update from source.
    I dont think  the Filtered disconnectors will be processed in the subsequent cycle if there is no update from Source.I run a profile Delta Synch on MA.The Identity has change type "add" in the connector space.
    How do i stop these records from processing in further cycles and run only when there is an update.

How do I see the records which are shown in Disconnectors(The records which neithere filtered nor projected ,joined).In the statistics tab, I cannot see a hyperlink for viewing the records, it is just showing the count.

Monday, February 06, 2012 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1. I'm not entirely clear on the first question, but maybe this will help to understand the filtering process: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms696511(v=vs.85).aspx

2. Have you tried using the Joiner tab to see the disconnectors?

HTH,

Sami

Monday, February 06, 2012 4:28 PM
  • If you use the "Delta Import and Delta Sync" step versus seperate Delta Import and Delta Sync steps, they won't get processed.
    My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com
    Monday, February 06, 2012 5:33 PM
  • Brian has #1 covered.  Regarding #2 you can go with SamiVV's suggestion of going to the Joiner, or you can use the Search Connector Space action in the Management Agents tab depending on what's easier.
    Monday, February 06, 2012 10:00 PM
  • Thanks All..But I am still not clear..I have other filtered records in CS which are not processed in every run.

Are these statments correct?Is change type for an identity in CS matters ?

1.Filtered disconnectors wont be processed unless they have any updates if the profile is Delta Import and Delta Synch.if delta import and delta synch are two separate profiles then in delta synch all the filtered disconnectors will be processed even though they dont have updates.

2.Normal Disconectors will be processed in every cycle even though there are no updates.

Please confirm/correct the above statements.Thanks once again.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 5:00 AM
  • Can somebody clear my doubts please?
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:57 AM
  • There may be certain types of objects that are not processed even on a delta sync even when other objects without a change are processed in such a sync.  Those objects would be those that are required to be present for other reasons, for example the containers in which your synchronized objects sit.  If there is no join or projection rule for the object type, they are just skipped over.

1.  Sounds correct, but...  I hate to quibble with words but the Delta Import and Delta Synchronization would have be in a single step of a run profile in order not to process disconnectors that have not changed.  If you have two steps in a single run profile, Delta Import, then Delta Sync, then all disconnectors would be processed in the second step of the run profile.

2.  yes, a delta sync  that is not combined with an import in the run profile step will always process all disconnectors.  This is due to the fact that the data in the connected data source may not have changed, but there may be additional objects or attribute data in the metaverse that now allows them to join when perhaps they couldn't when first imported.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:48 PM