none
"Unexpected error occurred. please try again later or contact your system administrator ".

Question

• iam able to connect to AD RMS  client and AD RMS server.

iam getting events at database(sql server) and in event viewer.

but when iam protecting the document in AD RMS client. iam getting this error  "Unexpected error occurred. please try again later or contact your system administrator ".

what i have to do?

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me.....

• Edited by merjar Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:33 AM
    Tuesday, August 09, 2011 11:52 AM

Answers

• i did what you said.i dont have HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSDRM\Trace = 1,but it created in regedit and i did,but there is no change.please help me....

everythink is fine just im not able to protect the document at client side.

iam getting events at RMS server side ....

i will say what i did till now

1.I Installed AD DS,AD RMS,SQL on 1 vmware(xxxx1) on windows server 2008 R2.

2.AD DS and AD RMS installation is successfully completed,at SQL server side i got tables and in that tables i got events.

3.In another vmware(xxxx2) i used as client.both are in same domain(forest.com).i went to

task scheduler--->microsoft--->windows--->AD RMS client--->AD RMS policy template management--->right click ---->enable.

4.login to user1 and i try to protect the document at AD RMS client side (ms office 2007).

typed some text in ms word  then   file --->prepare--->restricted permission--->restrict access

im getting 2 option here

a. sign inwith a windows live id

b.using a microsoft windows account

my senior said to do using microsoft windows account

so im trying using microsoft windows account.its coming error  "Unexpected error occurred. please try again later or contact your system administrator ".

please help me...... its every urgent.....plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hi

did you follow the steps i mentioned ...

if you are geting 2 option here like you mentioned

a. sign inwith a windows live id   b.using a microsoft windows account

that means the RMS client is not finding the RMS server ...

so please follow these steps and report back the findings

1. check the SCP  if it matches the ADRMS Internal URL you have defined
    2. then check if the ADRMS Internal URL is added to the browser trusted Intranet sites
    3. then make sure the certificate is not self signed if you are using HTTPS url, if it is then copy the cert to the workstation certificate store
    4. then download the RMS toolkit and deploy it on the client (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=1479)
    5. Run the IRMcheck tool and share the report

Blog Link: http://blogs.cyquent.ae | Follow us on Twitter: @cyquent | ADRMS Wiki Portal: Technet Wiki

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:52 PM
  • Likely late by now, but for anyone else that falls into this problem, another possible cause for the same error is the lack of an email address in the account being used to test the service. AD RMS requires an email address in all accounts being used to protect or consume content, and if you try to protect or consume a document with an account that doesn't have an email address you'll get an Windows Live ID prompt and then an "Unexpected Error Occurred" message.
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 7:02 PM

All replies

• In cases like these it usually helps if you enable tracing (Set the DWORD value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSDRM\Trace = 1 ) and run DebugView to watch what DRMxxxxxxx call it actually fails on and with what HRESULT. The SDK documentation has a page which tells what each HRESULT means.

Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Hi Merjar,

Before the steps can you first

2. then check if the ADRMS Internal URL is added to the browser trusted Intranet sites
    3. then make sure the certificate is not self signed if you are using HTTPS url, if it is then copy the cert to the workstation certificate store
    4. then download the RMS toolkit and deploy it on the client (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=1479)

Blog Link: http://blogs.cyquent.ae | Follow us on Twitter: @cyquent | ADRMS Wiki Portal: Technet Wiki

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:49 AM
  • i did what you said.i dont have HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSDRM\Trace = 1,but it created in regedit and i did,but there is no change.please help me....

2.AD DS and AD RMS installation is successfully completed,at SQL server side i got tables and in that tables i got events.

3.In another vmware(xxxx2) i used as client.both are in same domain(forest.com).i went to

task scheduler--->microsoft--->windows--->AD RMS client--->AD RMS policy template management--->right click ---->enable.

4.login to user1 and i try to protect the document at AD RMS client side (ms office 2007).

typed some text in ms word  then   file --->prepare--->restricted permission--->restrict access

im getting 2 option here

so im trying using microsoft windows account.its coming error  "Unexpected error occurred. please try again later or contact your system administrator ".

please help me...... its every urgent.....plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:40 PM

im getting 2 option here

hi

did you follow the steps i mentioned ...

if you are geting 2 option here like you mentioned

a. sign inwith a windows live id   b.using a microsoft windows account

that means the RMS client is not finding the RMS server ...

so please follow these steps and report back the findings

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:52 PM
  • Likely late by now, but for anyone else that falls into this problem, another possible cause for the same error is the lack of an email address in the account being used to test the service. AD RMS requires an email address in all accounts being used to protect or consume content, and if you try to protect or consume a document with an account that doesn't have an email address you'll get an Windows Live ID prompt and then an "Unexpected Error Occurred" message.
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 7:02 PM