none
How to craft a hyperlink into custom Site Collection Help feature's help categories and help topics?

Question

• Background

I am running on SharePoint 2010 Enterprise with the Custom Site Collection Help feature activated.

Question

How to craft a hyperlink into custom Site Collection Help feature's help categories and help topics?

Miscellaneous Info

I am familiar with creating a hyperlink to a customized Help Collection, but can't figure out how to create a hyperlink into one of the Site Collection Help feature's help categories nor help topics...

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Patrick

Monday, September 16, 2013 8:17 PM

All replies

• More info about my question...

I see that the web address of any Custom Site Collection Help category or topic includes the AssetKey in the querystring. Unfortunately, the AssetKey's value does not make use of other Custom Site Collection Help columns, such as "Product" or "Context Key". So perhaps my question can be re-phrased to be:

How to craft a hyperlink into custom Site Collection Help feature's help categories and help topics using the Product and/or the Context Key columns?

More advanced thanks,

Patrick

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:44 PM
  • Hi Patrick!

Finally I was able to get it work in SharePoint 2013, it should work in 2010 too.

After switching on the site Collection feature "Custom Site Collection Help", I made a new "Help Collection", Help Category" and "Help  Topic" in the "Site Collection Help" document library in root. After a while is was able to select my new collection in site collection setting "Help settings" menu.

You have to add a scriptlet to your page (master page) like this:

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
           var navBarHelpOverrideKey = "[Help Collection Product]_[Context Key]";
    </script> 

Hope it works for you too!

These pages helped me:

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:01 AM