none
Attribute importance in Clustering algorithm

Question

• Hi Forum,

I am working on a project for a client in retail industry to do a Segmentation Prediction using SSAS 2012. I am using Clustering algorithm to segment customers and predict products they will purchase most likely. I have over 50 attributes (KPI) defined for each customer. Is there any way I can know the Importance of each attribute when clustering the customers? Understand that Decision Tree provides that, but I cannot find it for Clustering algo. Seems like Node_Distribution field is not providing me that information.

Anyone knows anything about it? Or any work around solution?

Thanks.

Regards

Ant in SG

Monday, September 16, 2013 10:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi KTPL,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,
    Mike Yin

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:09 AM
  • You can look at the Cluster Discrimination view. In this view, you can see most important attributes for each cluster.

Typically, Cluster 1 is the biggest cluster (has highest population). So, attributes that differentiate between Cluster 1 and all other clusters are more important.

Tatyana Yakushev [PredixionSoftware.com]

Download Predixion Insight 3.0 - World class predictive platform for big data

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:12 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks a lot for your post. Please let me know if the post by Tatyana, answers your question. To the best of my knowledge, this should suffice.

Thanks.

Meer Al - MSFT

Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:25 PM