none
Outlook 2003 Addin - Office Calendar

Question

• Hi, we purchased this software named OfficeCalendar that gives you the ability to share your contacts and calendars with other users within your network (instead of having to get an exchange server), we installed this on our server which runs Server 2003 Standard, and we run a thin-client environment.  In order for this software to work, you install the server software and then the client software(we have used this software before with no problems), recently after an office 2003 and officecalendar update we started experiencing an add-in error when we load outlook, this add-in error is referring to the OfficeCalendar software, and as a result we tried uninstalling the client software.  After the uninstall we loaded outlook and still experienced the same add-in error.  We then uninstalled outlook only(from install/uninstall office 2003), then re-installed it and are still experiencing the same error, perhaps outlook has a corrupted file?  We even tried to detect errors using outlook's detect and repair function with no luck.  Has anyone had any issues with addins using Outlook 2003?  Any suggestions that can restore outlook without the addin error?

this is the error we receive, we select no, and the add-in  and office calendar software works fine, however, when you close outlook and reload it, you get the same error message, as previously noted, we had uninstalled the officecalendar software, and still receive this error.

"Outlook experienced a serious error the last time the add-in 'officecalendar' was opened. Would you like to disable this add-in? To reactivate this add-in, click about Microsoft Office Outlook on the help menu, and then click Disabled items."

Thanks,

Thursday, August 07, 2008 5:00 PM

All replies

•  

Is this an App-V (SoftGrid) question?  If so can you provide more info about the environment, I assume you are using a TS to host the add-in for outlook.

mattmcdermott

Thursday, August 07, 2008 6:47 PM
  •  

I'm not sure how to answer your question, all i can say is that we purchased this software from a third party company, you can check out their website at www.officecalendar.com, they provide us with the install software and in a real world it works 100%, i tried installing this in an windows XP O/S system and it works fine, however, we are having some issues with it in our current Server 2003 Standard O/S and thin-client pcs, as mentioned before this worked fine up to the update from Office 2003 and office calendar 4.5.1.0 upgrade.  When this add-in loads, you see an "icon" on your outlook similar to the send/receive, etc buttons.
    Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:12 PM