none
AppV 5.0 speed up the rate of Publishing

Question

• If i have a Management Server and Publishing Server, would I modify the Web.config file to increase the speed of which the publishing occurs?
    Monday, August 25, 2014 10:58 PM

Answers

• Not exactly.. check out this link: http://kirxblog.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/howto-increase-the-update-speed-for-application-changes/

from the above link:

On the App-V Publishing Server machine, go to

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Server\PublishingService

and find the web.config file. It probably looks like mine:

web.config

web.config

In here, find the  value for “metadataRefreshInterval” that should be “600” by default. Change this to an appropriate value (in seconds). I used 30 seconds (fast enough for demos).

Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:53 AM

All replies

• Hi

This can be done permanently via registry or just recycle the publishing Application Pool in IIS Manager. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2780177

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:48 AM
  • Modifying the Registry or recycle IIS is not what i am looking for here. I am looking to accomplish this using the following 3 methods below. Which would be the best option.

1) Modifying the Web.Config file Stored

2) App-V 5.0 Management Server

3) App-V 5.0 Publishing Server

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 4:22 PM
  • On the Publishing Server...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\AppV\Server\PublishingService\

PUBLISHING_MGT_SERVER_REFRESH_INTERVAL

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 11:21 PM
  • Still not what I'm looking for. If I wanted to modify the web.config or create a scheduled task.. What would be the appropriate action here?
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:04 AM
  • The only supported method and the method that proved to work well is to modify the registry, as this is the value the App-V Publishing web services is looking at. 

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:39 PM
  • Not exactly.. check out this link: http://kirxblog.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/howto-increase-the-update-speed-for-application-changes/

from the above link:

On the App-V Publishing Server machine, go to

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Server\PublishingService

and find the web.config file. It probably looks like mine:

web.config

web.config

In here, find the  value for “metadataRefreshInterval” that should be “600” by default. Change this to an appropriate value (in seconds). I used 30 seconds (fast enough for demos).

Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:53 AM
  • Ouch! Uhm, well, you nailed me!

I adjusted the post a second ago. That post was valid for the Beta version of App-V 5, but the method has changed for the final version.

I'm sorry about you having trouble with that.

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:47 PM