none
Not able to change account picture and lock screen picture in windows 8.1

Question

• i can't change my account picture and lock screen picture because i cant browse it when i click the browse button nothing happens it just blink that's all.. please help me....
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:04 AM

Answers

• Sorry, I think it was deleted by forum admin.

So I will tell you Step by Step.

1. Run > Regedit

2. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace"

3. Right Click at the "NameSpace" folder and make a new Key and name it to

{B4FB3F98-C1EA-428d-A78A-D1F5659CBA93}

3. Double click at the "(Default)" string and put the Value data as "Other Users" (with no quotes)

Wish

Good luck

Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:51 AM
  • Hi,

You can try the fix it here:

[Fix] Can’t Change Lock Screen Background Image and User Account Picture in Windows 8

http://www.askvg.com/fix-cant-change-lock-screen-background-and-user-account-picture-in-windows-8/

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Hope this could be helpful.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:24 AM

All replies

• Same here, just following this video.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:53 PM
  • where's the video?
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:11 AM
  • Sorry, I think it was deleted by forum admin.

So I will tell you Step by Step.

1. Run > Regedit

2. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace"

3. Right Click at the "NameSpace" folder and make a new Key and name it to

{B4FB3F98-C1EA-428d-A78A-D1F5659CBA93}

3. Double click at the "(Default)" string and put the Value data as "Other Users" (with no quotes)

Wish

Good luck

Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:51 AM
  • Hi,

You can try the fix it here:

[Fix] Can’t Change Lock Screen Background Image and User Account Picture in Windows 8

http://www.askvg.com/fix-cant-change-lock-screen-background-and-user-account-picture-in-windows-8/

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Hope this could be helpful.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:24 AM
  • I can't get it to work, windows 8.1 64bit enterprise. The reg key is set like it should, and this fix given here, is not working. Only helps if I create a new account. Even then, it works just for a while - I don't really know what causes such a behavior. I am using a local account, but it still is present with an online account. Browse button just pops up for a moment, and goes off... Also I have already scan the files, using "sfc /scannow" cmd command. It reports no errors.
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:20 PM
  • Never mind, I found the cause! It was VirtuLogic MVP software. It was enough just to turn VSync OFF globally, since it messes a lot of new apps - metro included ( you can still use it per application/game). I can't really belive this was the reason. I post this here in hope someone will find it useful. Nowdays - Intel's z77 chip gets very popular, so a lot of new users may be affected with the similar problem like mine...

• Edited by nerd_bg Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:55 PM
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Than what's the help, we need help to resolve this issue can you help us out 
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:51 PM