none
SCOM dashboard cell relationship

Question

• I want to create  a dashboard to implement following function on SCOM 2012 SP1.

Let's start an example. That I have lots of computers in SCOM. and I create some classes,like CPU, memory...

I want to create a dashboard, and then at the top of this dashboard is the list of computers. and then, 3 or 4 small cells below to show CPU,memory, power....

it is simple to add these things into the dashboard. But I want to implement, when user select one computer node, then the small cell will changes corresponding, to show the CPU, memory with this selected node.

Anyone know how to implement this?

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Ok, see this introduction:

Introducing Operations Manager 2012 Dashboards

http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2011/09/27/introducing-operations-manager-2012-dashboards.aspx

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:43 AM
  • do not see any answer in this post.could you specifiy more?
    Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:03 PM
  • Wednesday, September 04, 2013 9:44 AM
  • I want to create  a dashboard to implement following function on SCOM 2012 SP1.

Let's start an example. That I have lots of computers in SCOM. and I create some classes,like CPU, memory...

I want to create a dashboard, and then at the top of this dashboard is the list of computers. and then, 3 or 4 small cells below to show CPU,memory, power....

it is simple to add these things into the dashboard. But I want to implement, when user select one computer node, then the small cell will changes corresponding, to show the CPU, memory with this selected node.

Anyone know how to implement this?

Hi Ling,

One way I know of to create a cell relationship in a SCOM dashboard is to use a Object By Performance and a
    Details Widget. When you click on objects in the Object By Performance it will show details about the selected object from the Object By Performance. See the screenshot:

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

• Edited by BuchatechMVP Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:20 AM
    • Proposed as answer by BuchatechMVP Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:21 AM
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:20 AM
  • Ok. I don't think the exact functionality you are looking for is available in SCOM right now. However there may be a way to get similar results of what you are looking for. From what I understand you basically want the ability to view the performance data about a specific computer and have this display as a dashboard. If that is correct there may be another option that may work for you. There is a free tool from Microsoft for SCOM called the GTMTool.exe. You can find it here:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2012/06/12/free-windows-server-2008-dashboards-for-opsmgr-2012-and-tool-to-help-create-your-own-customized-dashboards.aspx

One of the things you can do with this tool is create a "Task Pane Dashboard".  You can build out this dashboard with the common performance data you want to see on each server such as CPU, memory, disk etc. After it is built you have the ability to click on a computer in SCOM and select the dashboard as a task. This will bring up that dashboard and display the performance data for that computer in the dashboard. See the above blogs link for more information on the tool and the download.

I hope that helps.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:52 PM