none
Client not showing up in the SCCM 20122 console

Question

• Hello,

In the "Discovery Methods", I have enabled the "Network Discovery" and on the "Subnets" tab, I have defined the subnet as 192.168.122.0 and the mask as 255.255.255.0.  My Windows 2008 server (win2k8-c), stand alone and part of Workgroup, NOT the domain the SCCM server is in, has the following IP address: 192.168.122.71.  This server does not show up in the SCCM console, the server is NOT behind the firewall.

My others servers in the domain are showing up in the console......what am I missing here?  Why doesn't win2k8-c show up in the console?  Appreciate any help I get.....THANK YOU.

Friday, October 04, 2013 9:22 PM

All replies

• Further configuration will probably be required.

Eg SNMP Community name

Obviously you will have to enable SNMP on the server.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Friday, October 04, 2013 9:49 PM
  • Hi Gerry,

Thank you for getting back to me, do I need to enable snmp on all the nodes in the network?  If so, is there a way to enable snmp on all the nodes in a script?

Also, like to take this opportunity and thank you for your posts on SCCM 2012, I have enjoyed your posts immensely, THANK YOU.

Regards

Friday, October 04, 2013 10:41 PM
  • I enabled SNMP on the SCCM Sever and the server in question with community name, etc....

Restarted the snmp service on the SCCM server and the other server and yet to no avail.....it is driving me crazy that it is not working ......PLEASE help me.....Thank you.
    Saturday, October 05, 2013 12:56 AM
  • what are you trying to do here ? discovering the Work group computers into SCCM Console ? how about this ? without enabling the discovery http://eskonr.com/2013/08/sccm-configmgr-2012-manage-workgroup-computers-for-deploymentremote-tools-etc/

Eswar Koneti | Configmgr blog: www.eskonr.com | Linkedin: Eswar Koneti | Twitter: Eskonr

Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:02 AM
  • Hello and thank you for the feedback.

I am trying to have a Windows 2008 in a workgroup in my "All Unknown Computers" so that I deploy server 2012 on this Windows 2008 server.  Basically have created a Server OS image and now want to deploy the image using the PXE feature. 

In other words, I want to be able to turn a machine in our network, press F12 and install OS using the PXE.  If not clear, please ask and I will be more than happy to elaborate.....THANK YOU.

Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:09 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to reinstall it using the "unkown Computers" support then it doesn't have to be discovered Before. All computers that are not in the SCCM DB is considered unknown.

So if you have deployed the OS Task Seqeunce to Unknown computers you can simple press F12 and boot to PXE without discovering it.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712337.aspx

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:14 AM
  • THANK YOU so much, I will try it now and shall inform you of the result.  Thanks again....:)
    Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:20 AM
  • Well, I tried as instructed, but sadly the system kept booting to the previous OS, Windows Server 2008.  Please see the pictures to show the sequences of the boot phases.  Any idea what went wrong and/or what I need to do next?  Thank you.
    Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:30 AM
  • I'm not familiar with iPXE (to be honest I thought that it was used for SAN booting via iSCSI) but the message clearly shows that there is no available boot image.

How have you configured your environment?

PXE enabled DP

IP Helper/DHCP scope option - how is the PXE enabled DP to be located??

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Sunday, October 06, 2013 10:15 AM