none
Centralize Exchange and AD/Domain Controllers

General discussion

• I am new to working with two offices where we have two exchange and Domain Controllers/AD. The other office is located in Australia (AU). We are looking at absorbing the server function through centralization in our Corporate office. We only have four people in the AU office, the servers need to be upgraded, as they are 2003 Windows Servers. SO if we set them up to authenticate with our AD and exchange what issue would we run into? So I need your opinion. I am considering questions like:

• What would be the response time be?
      • File replication back and forth for a common files for AU?
      • Authentication response for the SQL servers on an application we run?

If you could give me some insight as to any consideration?

Friday, August 23, 2013 6:04 PM

All replies

• Hello,

are this 2 forest/domains or a single forest/domain with 2 locations? So you use domain.com and domain1.com for Australia and your location and they do NOT belong to the same forest?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
    MVP, MCP, MCTS
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 10:28 AM
  • Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for posting your issue in the forum.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Frank Shen

Monday, August 26, 2013 9:56 AM
  • it's hard to estimate the possible cost as unclear of your environment. Do you mean two separated forest with separated Exchange? Do you want AD migration? For exchange, you could see the following post: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676395.aspx

Regards, Brian

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:58 AM