none
How to export the created Pivot table by using Power Pivot into separate excel file in the same format?

Question

• Hi PowerPivot experts,

I have created more than 60 pivot tables in multiple sheets by using PowerPivot work book. now i want delivery all the pivot table in excel document to my end user by email.

I want send only the Pivot tables which i created using PowerPivot data model instead of sending the whole model file since its very heavy.

I have tried with export option in Excel 97-2003, its works fine but not getting exact pivot format which i created and its displays as value.

My aim to send pivot table that i created format but not whole file with source data.

I would be really grateful if advise me to fix it out.

Saturday, August 16, 2014 3:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Robert,

I don't think it is a good idea to deliver all PivotTable report to end user via E-mail, and SQL Server PowerPivot for Excel doesn't support to deliver PivotTable report to end user without PowerPivot data inside in the data model. For example, I suppose we create a PivotTable to display the SalesAmount of US in pervious years(eg:2012, 2013, 2014), how can we dynamic show the value based on end user selection without PowerPivot data model data(The PivotTable report don't have data source)?

So, one workaround that we can create a shared folder to store all of PowerPivot report for all of end user in the domain environment, and then inform end users to copy the PowerPivot reports what they want via E-mail. If the end users aren't in domain environment, we can implement the VPN soltion to achieve this.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please advise me ?

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:14 AM
  • Hi Robert,

I don't think it is a good idea to deliver all PivotTable report to end user via E-mail, and SQL Server PowerPivot for Excel doesn't support to deliver PivotTable report to end user without PowerPivot data inside in the data model. For example, I suppose we create a PivotTable to display the SalesAmount of US in pervious years(eg:2012, 2013, 2014), how can we dynamic show the value based on end user selection without PowerPivot data model data(The PivotTable report don't have data source)?

So, one workaround that we can create a shared folder to store all of PowerPivot report for all of end user in the domain environment, and then inform end users to copy the PowerPivot reports what they want via E-mail. If the end users aren't in domain environment, we can implement the VPN soltion to achieve this.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am doing the same what you advised me.

Thanks,

Robert 

Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:27 AM