none
Gadgets no longer work when upgrading to Internet Explorer 11

Question

• Since upgrading  to Windows Explorer 11, I can no longer display several of my gadgets.  Two of them are working. One cannot be displayed with the proper background, and two cannot be displayed, at all.  I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Usually, add-ons are version dependent and so, they work in that particular version only for which they are designed for. Therefore, if Internet Explorer is updated, kindly check that the suitably compatible gadgets are available from the gadgets' website.

Balaji Kundalam

Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to reset DPI to 100% Smaller Fonts, then test this issue again?

I found a similar thread, please refer to:

Gadgets not working with IE-11 Win7 Pro SP-1 (NOT Win8.1 Preview)

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/448f9665-c043-48d2-9049-b74131bab7b1/gadgets-not-working-with-ie11-win7-pro-sp1-not-win81-preview?forum=iewebdevelopment

Regards,

Yolanda

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:05 PM
  • I'm tired of fighting Microsoft on their shortsightedness.  I don't need their stinkin updates.  I have moved back to Internet Explorer 10, and that's where I am going to stay.  After backing out Explorer 11, my gadgets now work again.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:39 AM
  • Unchecking "Enable Enhanced Protected Mode" located under the Advanced tab in IE 11's "Internet Options" likely would have fixed your issue.

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:50 AM
  • Carey,

Your fix comes a bit late.  I'm not even sure it will work, so for now, I am sticking with

Explorer 10.  I see no big advantages of Explorer 11 except for those with Windows 8.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:52 PM
  • Hi,

Since this thread is idle for a long time, I will mark Carey’s reply as answer, if you still have some problems, please feel free contact us.

Regard,

Yolanda

Yolanda

Saturday, November 30, 2013 4:13 AM
  • Hi,

Since this thread is idle for a long time, I will mark Carey’s reply as answer, if you still have some problems, please feel free contact us.

Regard,

Yolanda

Yolanda

No, it most certainly is NOT a fix.
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:02 PM