none
Issues with 64 Bit Visio Free Trial Download

Question

• Working in both IE and Firefox, I downloaded the Free Trial Executable File. The file saved correctly (or so it seemed).  When I double click the .exe file to run it, it begins extracting the files, but stops before the green bar signifies completion.  I have tried several times.  I have searched the forum and found no solution to fix this issue.  I need something new to try. Please help!
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:21 PM

Answers

• Hi there,

1. Make sure you have enough hard disk space to perform the installation.

2. When you try to install a 64-bit version software, a 64-bit Operation System is needed.

3. Make sure to download the trial from the official site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/

4. When you try to download it again, try to download it with a tool, and save to another hard disk partition.

Sincerely,
    Max Meng

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

1. Make sure you have enough hard disk space to perform the installation.

2. When you try to install a 64-bit version software, a 64-bit Operation System is needed.

3. Make sure to download the trial from the official site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/

4. When you try to download it again, try to download it with a tool, and save to another hard disk partition.

Sincerely,
    Max Meng

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:52 AM
  • I assume your loading the exe to a 64bit pc, I would turn off try turning of DEP.go to Control panel, system properties, advanced tab, performance settings, DEP is the back tab. To turn it off at a command prompt type in

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
    You can enable it again with:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

Don't try to install from a temp directory, that can fail depending on your antivirus. And perhaps try suspending your antivirus long enough to try the install again.

Good luck!!

Monday, June 13, 2011 6:24 PM