none
Access denied when capturing image

Question

• All,

I've created a task sequence to build a reference image. I've set DoCapture to YES and configured the backup location and file name, however, after the TS lays down the OS and applications it reboots to WinPE and attempts to run imagex to capture the image, but fails with an access denied message.

Now, the way I have things setup is my Bootstrap.ini just has the username, I do not store the password so I am prompted to input my password when connecting to the deployment share. However, it seems that when the TS boots into WinPE to do the capture, it does not prompt me for credentials again.

I am wondering what is the best way to handle this? I'm capturing to my deployment share\Captures folder. I really don't like the idea of giving Everyone write access to a share for security purposes. How is it recommended to handle this? Thanks.

Thursday, November 07, 2013 12:23 AM

All replies

• By using a local account at your Deployment server with user privliges, and only write to /captures folder.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, November 07, 2013 9:04 AM