none
There's an error in the Resource Control

General discussion

•   FIM Knowledge Bit

Issue:

Working with Attribute Bindings lately and noticed an issue when opening the objects in the FIM portal.  Sometimes after adding an attribute binding the Portal would display the error message:
    "There's an error in the Resource Control"

Workaround:

Running iisreset seems to do the trick

Go to the FIM Knowledge Bit Collection

CraigMartin – Edgile, Inc. – http://identitytrench.com

Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:53 AM

All replies

• And if an IISreset doesn't fix the issue?  We are getting then when trying to create new inbound flows on a synch rule.  This is in DEV so any help would be appreciated.
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 5:58 PM
  • Hey Craig,

Think i still owe you some drinks.

I too had a couple of users come across this issue.

when attempting to access the identity management page they would receive an IE error code 3000 "Service not available"

I looked at there running processes and noticed that there mspwdregistration.exe was running in the backgroud, but never actually displaying to the users.

If I have them invoke it manually it would do the same (users has never registered).

if I have them invoke with the -all switch (just for testing) they receive this error. "There's an error in the Resource Control"

For these few users, it seems to be a problem with there systems.......but wanted to drop a line.

Bryan.oreilly@paccar.com
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 9:05 PM
  • I find this can also be an issue with the wrong objectsid. If you check the application log at the time the user attempts to access the portal you may find an entry similiar to the following..

GetCurrentUserFromSecurityIdentifier:
    No such user DOMAIN\someuser,
    S-1-5-21-2127521184-16040122320-1887927527-8558701

Solution:

Update Objectsid, this link should lead into the right direction http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/how-to-use-powershell-to-fix-an-objectsid-on-an-fim-portal-object.aspx

Friday, February 10, 2012 9:32 PM