none
SSAS Setup Issue Hyper V

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to use a laptop with the following config to have a look at tabular modelling in SSAS and VS2012:-

1 Laptop OS: Windows 8.1 , Other: VS2012 m SQL Data Tools BI for VS2012, Hyper V

2 A Hyper V server OS: Windows Server 2012 R2 SP1, SQL2012 BI (not on a domain, but on a workgroup)

The issue I'm having is that when I try to connect to Analysis services from VS2012 on the windows 8.1 OS it tells me that I'm not an administrator on the instance.  Also, when I go through the Post install checks/config and try to check permissions I get an error "sql server item has already been added. key in dictionary: '4096' " for which there is an SQL 2012 Express fix but not one for SQL 2012 BI it seems.

Can anyone help?

I want to be able to run VS2012 and SQL 2012 BI and VS2012 and SQL2014 CP2 development environments simultaneously (or rather be able to turn one of them off because my laptop won't be able to handle the memory requirements to have both SSAS running simultaneously)

Friday, February 21, 2014 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Dylan,

Thank you for your question. 

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 24, 2014 5:27 AM
  • Hi Dylan,

This is a known issue and you can refer to below article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2889492

Regards

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:58 AM