none
Error Trying to Add or Remove Accepted Domains in Exchange 2010

Question

• Whenever I try to Add or Remove an Accepted Domain via EMC or PowerShell, I get a message that says, "Error: The e-mail address policy obhect doesn't have a primary SMTP E-mail addres specified in the template. 

I have changed the default SMTP address in the default address policy and tried it again. Nothing.

I have created a new Address Policy and I have modified the default policy's priority via ADSI edit so that the new policy is shown as the "lowest"

I can manually add an accepted domain in ADSI edit but i think that might not be all that is required for everything to function.

When I click the link that says, Click here for help I get a helpful page that says there isn't an article about this error.

Anyone else know how to fix this?

Friday, March 08, 2013 6:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please edit the mail address template with the following cmdlets:

Get-EmailAddressPolicy def* | Set-EmailAddressPolicy -EnabledEmailAddressTemplates 'SMTP:@New.Domain'

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sean Xiao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:37 AM

All replies

• Run

Get-AcceptedDomain | FL

and post the results here.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Friday, March 08, 2013 9:38 PM
  • Hi,

Please edit the mail address template with the following cmdlets:

Get-EmailAddressPolicy def* | Set-EmailAddressPolicy -EnabledEmailAddressTemplates 'SMTP:@New.Domain'

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sean Xiao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

I tried it but I receive the message below, What is happening?

The object ?Default Policy?cannot be managed by the current version of Exchange Management Console, please use a manage
    ment console with the same version as the object ?0.0 (6.5.6500.0)?
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (Default Policy:ADObjectId) [Set-EmailAddressPolicy], InvalidOperation
       Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 772ED31B,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.SetEmailAddressPolicy
        + PSComputerName        : ServeX.mydomain.com.br

Regards

Claudinei Bueno

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:06 PM
  • You need to update the policy.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351283(v=EXCHG.141).aspx

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, October 17, 2013 1:25 AM