Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:28 PM
I have following questions regarding the HIS (Host Initiated Processing) to BizTalk.
- Do I need to create a .Net Class Library which is used by HIS (through HIP) which in turn calls a web service exposed by BizTalk?
- How a Host Initiated Processing cab be configured in Mainframe to call a web service?
- The input parameters from Mainframe to BizTalk is a complex or Hierarchical data. How to pass this as input to BizTalk via web service or .net method?
The size of the input data would be 3 - 4 MB
I have gone through the example provided as part of HIS on creating HIP to a .NET libray which make a simple call with value types as integer, double etc., But my question is really a complex data.
- Moved by Ben Cline1MVP Wednesday, July 28, 2010 8:17 AM Relates to HIS (From:BizTalk Server General)
Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:55 PMModerator
Ok, in order:
0) Unfortunately, currently, we do not support direct, native, connection to BizTalk via HIP
1) Yes - however, it is not impossible to create a Web Service Proxy with the appropriate Interface and Method names, and have the HIP Processing call it, so that you can remove the need for creating your own "middle man" .NET Class Library.
2) Not sure what you mean.
3) The SDK Samples for Windows Intiated Processing show some complex data structures (DataTables, Structures and Unions), with the exception of using the "Add new .NET Server" rather than "Add new .NET Client", the steps to create the TIM file should be the same as in those samples.
- Marked As Answer by dseknat Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:48 PM