none
Make field non editable for admin during user creation

Question

• I wan t accountname to be non editable for admin while creating users. I have changed Administration: Administrators can read and update users MPR but it useful in user edit mode only. I want account name to non editable in user creation mode also.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:41 AM

Answers

• You can "lock down" the ability to edit a field with the RCDC. For user creation you can edit the RCDC "Configuration for User Creation"

Find the control for AccountName and add my:Enabled="false"

Maby like this:

<my:Control my:Name="AccountName" my:TypeName="UocTextBox" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=AccountName.DisplayName}" my:Description="{Binding Source=schema, Path=AccountName.Description}" my:Enabled="false" my:Hint="AccountName is auto generated">

Regards, Remi

• Marked as answer by Shobhitvaish Friday, April 26, 2013 6:00 AM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:47 AM

All replies

• You can "lock down" the ability to edit a field with the RCDC. For user creation you can edit the RCDC "Configuration for User Creation"

Find the control for AccountName and add my:Enabled="false"

Maby like this:

<my:Control my:Name="AccountName" my:TypeName="UocTextBox" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=AccountName.DisplayName}" my:Description="{Binding Source=schema, Path=AccountName.Description}" my:Enabled="false" my:Hint="AccountName is auto generated">

Regards, Remi

• Marked as answer by Shobhitvaish Friday, April 26, 2013 6:00 AM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:47 AM
  • Thanks Remi for your reply. Will let you know if got stuck anywhere.
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:35 PM
  • Why not just remove the <Control> Tag altogether? from the RCDC XML, I mean if it is not to be editable, whats the use of keeping it in the User Creation RCDC.

Regards Furqan Asghar

Friday, April 26, 2013 10:17 PM