none
Outlook 2013 - Multiple accounts set up in Outlook for same pop email account

Question

• I started having issues receiving emails in Outlook from my existing POP email account at Yahoo, so I set up a new account and deleted the old one in Outlook 2013.  This fixed the problem in that the new account was successfully receiving emails from Yahoo.

Outlook now continues to show the old account (and the folders within it) in the left hand menu as well as new account.

Is there a way to merge these two accounts?

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:56 PM

All replies

• When you setup POP3 account in Outlook, it would connects server and download the message item to data file - .pst file. It stored in the local drive and we can manage it as we thought: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070/en-us

From your post, it seems that you've completed to setup the new account and remain the old one in the same Outlook profile. If you want to merge the message items from the old PST to new one, just select all items from old folders and move all them to the new folder. (We may also move the folder directly)

To remove the old account, please first set the new email account as the default one and then go to  File > Info > Account settings > Select the old one and remove it.

Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:20 AM