none
Error with Autocorrect file, \MSO2057.acl could not be saved

Question

• I just installed Office 2007 on Windows 7, and as soon as I open up any office app I get the error:

Your Autocorrect file, \MSO2057.acl, could not be saved.
    The file may be read-only, or you may not have permission to modify the file.

my user account is an administrator, and browsing to the file, there's nothing weird with the permission to modify the file (ie my user account has write rights).

Any help??

when I try to close Word....the following error appears..."word cannot save or create this file.  Make sure that the disk you want to save the file on is  not full, write-protected, or damaged (C:\normal.dotm).

it tries to save the normal.dotm file, but can't saying I don't have permission to do so, then another error comes up saying that "changes have been made that affect the global template, Normal.dotm...."

I've tried to reinstall Office still no luck. even with disabling my antivirus software.  Same problem with MS Project 2007.  MS Visio 2007 is okay.

Again any help is appreciated.

Ronni

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Ronni.

You'll find that the file locations have not been set. 
    To correct this go to the round button, select word options. Select advanced. Select file locations(scroll to the very bottom!)
    Populate the file paths with the defaults, just remember to keep the start up and user template locations different.
    • Proposed as answer by Waqar Rathore Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:01 PM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:44 PM
  • How do you populate the file paths with defaults? I am getting the same message but the startup and user templates are in different locations. The other settings are still on default.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:09 PM