none
MDT2012 - FinishAction=REBOOT SkipFinalSummary=YES

Question

• Ok - So I know in MDT 2010 if you had FinishAction=REBOOT and SkipFinalSummary=YES set in your customsettings.ini, it would NOT reboot after deployment and ignore the SkipFinalSummary setting; so you could see that there was a failure.

In MDT2012 - I have the same settings, although when there is a failure it does not ignore SkipFinalSummary, and reboots anyway.  I basically want it to NOT reboot and show me the summary if there are failures, and reboot only if everything is successful. 

Is there a way to restore this 2010 functionality in MDT 2012?

Thanks!!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:05 PM

All replies

• Are you using monitoring?
    I usually do not, but am doing this for fully unattended deployments because of this behavior.

You can monitor if warnings or errors occurred.
    If something went back you will have to look at the logs what went wrong, but that should not be the case to often :)

Advantage of this new behavior is that features will work which might require a restart, like VNC.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:58 PM
  • Are you using monitoring?
    I usually do not, but am doing this for fully unattended deployments because of this behavior.

You can monitor if warnings or errors occurred.
    If something went back you will have to look at the logs what went wrong, but that should not be the case to often :)

Advantage of this new behavior is that features will work which might require a restart, like VNC.

I do use monitoring, but my techs do not have access to the MDT console, so they are going strictly by the results screen.

If anyone else has any suggestions, that would be great..

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:01 PM
  • The Final Summary page is based on Results.xml and it's parsing from Summary_scripts.vbs.  You could write your own VBScript file to look at Results.xml and parse it for Errors / Warnings / whatever condition you'd want to stop the reboot for, and if it finds it change the SkipFinalSummary variable to 'NO'.  There's likely an easier way, but that's the only I can think of.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:33 PM
  • Here is the original Article about MDT 2010.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mniehaus/archive/2009/07/07/mdt-2010-new-feature-15-finish-actions.aspx

Anyone else run into this?

Friday, January 18, 2013 1:58 PM
  • ZPBroussard , DCtheGeek

"Anyone else run into this?"

Hi,

Yes, me... I just want to get all my computer after the Applying Settings (100%) is over... and goes to Reboot... so i want the computer going to Alt+Ctrl+Delete Screen.

And I dont want to See any of Final Success / Final Failure  Pages.

Please help me !!!

I think a-lot of people try to explain that they had that but nobody share it on google...

I tried to search, and i already found the SkipFinalSummary=YES but isn't work.

please help!! :))

Saturday, July 06, 2013 8:05 PM