none
Windows 8.1 - Issue With Getting This one on Domain

Question

• Hello ,

I have recently purchased a New Lenovo Laptop , which is pre installed with Windows 8.1 Single Language ,

the Issue is that i am trying to get this on our office domain but fail to do so.

However i am aware of getting a PC or a Laptop onto a  Domain but in Windows 8.1 the moment i go to change setting , i see the Network Id is disabled, and i am not sure how how to enable it.

Please can someone help me on this 

Regards

Nitesh Thakur

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Ask local domain administrator for help. You will need information on possibilities how to connect to domain. This is usually by metalic or wireless media.

Basic theory points to correct settings you IP address, IP of gateway, mask and IP of DNS. This may be either static or dynamic (DHCP). You will need user account in domain you are trying to access.

Regards

Milos

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:25 PM
  • Hi,

Did you join in the domain successfully?

If yes, try right click your right click your network to see if you could enable it.

If it can not be, let us know the exact error message.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:42 AM
  • Hello Karen,

I am still not able to do so, the Laptop is currently in Workgroup , which i am  trying to put onto a domain, but the button itself is disabled. and i not sure how to enable it.

Setup wise 

System Properties - Computer Name - Network ID

• Edited by Nitesh Thakur Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:59 AM Cannot upload Image
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:59 AM
  • Hi Milos,

I guess i confused you with the question,  the Laptop is currently in Workgroup , which i am  trying to put onto a domain, but the button itself is disabled. and i not sure how to enable it.

Setup wise 

System Properties - Computer Name - Network ID

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:00 AM
  • Hi Nitesh,

Windows 8.1 does not allow domain join. You must have Windows 8.1 Pro or Enterprise to be able to join it to a domain. Please see the article 'Compare Windows 8.1 Editions' for details.

Hope this helps,

David
    Windows Outreach Team - IT Pro
    The Springboard Series on TechNet

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:16 PM
  •  Thanks David , now i dont have a choice but to upgrade it to pro.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:05 PM