attribute flow

Question

• I'm able to get data into the metaverse, but when I run the AD mgmt agent it does not create any adds to the AD.

I can search in the metaverse and it populates these fields on each data entry CN, Empoyee type, givenName, location, mail, sn.

On my AD mgmt agent I have object type person for both metaverse and "data source" (destination) with these attribute flows cn to cn displayName to displayName, sn to sn, and uid to sAMAccountName. I created the latter after reading about it, hoping it might fix it. I have a projection rule in the AD mgmt agent for type person. In my AD run profile I have step 1 as full synchronization and step 2 as export.

I'm new to ILM and I don't know what I'm missing or what I should be checking. Can somebody help?

Thank you.

Thursday, June 05, 2008 6:26 PM

Answers

• Razer9echo,

If you are trying to create new objects in AD you need to write provisioning code.

You import objects into the Connector Space (run an import on an MA)

You project objects into the Metaverse (during a synchronization)

You join to existing objects in the Metaverse (during a synchronization)

You import attributes existing into the Metaverse (during a synchronization)

You create new objects in the connector space in preparation to export them to their data source (such as AD or SQL) by provisioning (this requires that you write some code). this runs during a synchronization

Then you create the the objects in the data source by running an export

I'd suggest you start by performing the ILM/MIIS technect virtual lab:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/traincert/virtuallab/miis.mspx

Thursday, June 05, 2008 8:42 PM

All replies

• Razer9echo,

If you are trying to create new objects in AD you need to write provisioning code.

You import objects into the Connector Space (run an import on an MA)

You project objects into the Metaverse (during a synchronization)

You join to existing objects in the Metaverse (during a synchronization)

You import attributes existing into the Metaverse (during a synchronization)

You create new objects in the connector space in preparation to export them to their data source (such as AD or SQL) by provisioning (this requires that you write some code). this runs during a synchronization

Then you create the the objects in the data source by running an export

I'd suggest you start by performing the ILM/MIIS technect virtual lab:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/traincert/virtuallab/miis.mspx

Thursday, June 05, 2008 8:42 PM
  • Just to build on David’s response, you should also invest time in reading the MIIS 2003 Scenarios and Getting Started document collection.

Saturday, June 07, 2008 11:55 AM
  •  

I tried editing the code like you said and followed the guide, but from what I can tell the code does not execute and nothing even gets into the connector space, which doesn't make any sense to me. I was not able to get visual studio do a trace.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:00 PM
  • Make sure in Tools | Options in the Identity Manager that you have Provisioning check box checked.

Post your provisioning code and we can take a look.

Provisioning to a new connector is very simple once you understand the syntax.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 2:44 PM