none
Email Recipient limits on SSRS Subscriptions - SharePoint Integrated mode

Question

• Hi I hope this is the right forum to post this question in.

I have had a requirement to setup our users to be able to create and manage there own mail delivery SSRS subscriptions, this is not a problem. However I have been asked to set a limit on the number of recipients they can specify in the "To" field, and I am not sure how to do this.

We are running in SharePoint integrated mode (SharePoint 2010), with SSRS 2008 R2 and I cant find anywhere that I would set this up..... I have had a look through the rsreportserver.config and unable to find any nodes that allow me to set a limit, nor have I been able to find it online. SharePoint doesnt seem to have anywhere to set this, and it seems to sit within SSRS.

The nearest I have got is someone has suggested that it can be limited on Exchange, but before I go down that route I wanted to find out if it is possible in either SharePoint or SSRS.

Could anybody offer some insight to this?

Thanks

Tim

Thursday, May 15, 2014 11:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Tim,

As per my understanding, there is no maximum number of recipients per subscription limitation in Reporting Services. Just as you said, it depends on the SMTP server. For example, Exchange Server 2013 supports 500 recipients as the Recipient limit. This is the default limit for Exchange Server 2013 organizations. Administrators can change this value for their organization.

References:
    Exchange Online Limits
    Subscription and Delivery (Reporting Services)

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Tim Spree Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:16 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Tim,

As per my understanding, there is no maximum number of recipients per subscription limitation in Reporting Services. Just as you said, it depends on the SMTP server. For example, Exchange Server 2013 supports 500 recipients as the Recipient limit. This is the default limit for Exchange Server 2013 organizations. Administrators can change this value for their organization.

References:
    Exchange Online Limits
    Subscription and Delivery (Reporting Services)

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Tim Spree Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:16 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 6:50 AM
  • Thanks for that Katherine, as I thought it is all controlled by Exchange.

I will make the changes needed to exchange.

Cheers

Tim

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:17 AM