none
Cannot change installation of FIM Sync or FIM Service or Run Install of these two products.

General discussion

• Hi,

From within the Program and Features I cannot run the change option for FIM Sync or FIM Service entries.

I get the following error: FIM service was not successfully installed. To install FIM Syncronization Service, run wizard again.

I receive a similar error for FIM Service. If I click on OK I get Fatal error during installation.

If I run the installation again from the FIMSplash.htm I get the same message as before. In the event viewer I get 

Product: Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service -- Configuration failed.

Event ID 11729

and 

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service. Product Version: 4.1.2273.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1603.

Event ID 1035

Any suggestions please?

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:17 PM

All replies

• When you run the Wizard from the Splash screen, make sure you are running it from a DVD/ISO of the same build number as your installation (for example 4.1.2273.0). You can see what build you have installed in "Program and Features" but also check the version number in Synchronization Service Manager on the Synchronization Server under Help, and also check the portal by going to the the portal page and selecting "About Forefront Identity Manager". Compare this to the build number on the DVD, by looking up the DVD build number by looking at the details on the file miiserver.exe or any other applicable file on the DVD. All three build numbers need to match. 

If the above is not your problem, if can, use the same account you used to install FIM to make changes. Also you can try to reboot your servers and see if you have further trouble. 

Todd Mollerup, SoftwareIDM.com

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:15 PM
  • I can confirm that all the version numbers are the same:

Program and Features 4.1.2273.0

Synchronization Server under Help 4.1.2273.0

About Forefront Identity Manager 4.1.2273.0

miiserver.exe  4.1.2273.0

I have tried rebooting but still no luck

Friday, April 19, 2013 6:55 AM